qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Minimal Qemu build for Plan9

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Minimal Qemu build for Plan9
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:55:58 +0900

On 30 September 2013 17:00, Ashish Kaila <address@hidden> wrote:
> Additionally if someone could point me to a to-do list of things to look out
> for while porting Qemu on a new platform (new OS/hardware), I would be
> extremely grateful.

It doesn't get ported to new OSes very often, so there's no todo list
already written. Do make sure you're using either a reasonably recent
(4.x) gcc or clang: we make use of various compiler extensions that
I don't think any other C compiler provides.

Looking at the code I don't think we require an audio driver: if
there is no available audio backend for the platform we should
fall back to the two work-anywhere backends ("discard all audio"
and "send audio to a .wav file").

-- PMM