qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Build bug] Problem checking out submodules

From: Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Build bug] Problem checking out submodules
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 17:39:08 -0300

On 10/01/2013 04:52 PM, Alex Bennée wrote:

address@hidden writes:

On 10/01/2013 04:37 PM, Alex Bennée wrote:

address@hidden writes:

Hello:

In the daily qemu.git autotest run, I started to see the following
problem while checking out the qemu.git tree and checking out the
submodules:

Oh I just noticed that. Is this Stefan's buildbot stuff or an internal
auto-test set-up? I only ask because I noticed this while testing my
Travis patches. I'm trying to get a feel for what CI type tasks are
running in QEMU world, both public and internal to companies.

That's an internal autotest test grid. Once a day we check the latest qemu master and run sort of a smoke style test job, although it's not so, 'smoky', since it takes about a couple of hours to run. Tests covered:

1) Installing Fedora 19 on a host
2) git clone the latest master
3) Install a RHEL 6.4 guest from kickstart
4) Basic boot, reboot, single host migration using tcp, unix socket, fd and exec migration 5) Install a Windows 7 guest from an unattended XML, using the latest virtio drivers that our windows drivers team releases.
6) Perform the same tests outlined in 4)

I hope it gives you a better idea of what's going on.