qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Checking the state of arm64-linux-user

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Checking the state of arm64-linux-user
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:25:00 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013, Peter Maydell wrote:

> On 29 October 2013 18:55, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I think the problem is arm64 has been posted in several dependant patch
> > sets hence working from a git tree. I think for now I'll take off the
> > -Werror training wheels and see how far it gets.
>
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2013-09/msg04503.html
>
> is Alex's patchset which he rebased on to a qemu master,
> so if you can't wait for v2 then that's the one to look at.

Alex's patchset covers only the first part of the whole thing, and so
misses some instructions and fixes.  If you merely want to use
qemu-arm64 you're better off using the tree from me.

Alex B.: I'm building that tree with gcc 4.7 and this config:
% ../configure --disable-system --enable-linux-user --disable-werror \
  --static --disable-linux-aio --disable-strip \
  --target-list=arm64-linux-user
% make

Ciao,
Michael.