qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [v2, 4/4] qemu-char: add missing characters used in key

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [v2, 4/4] qemu-char: add missing characters used in keymaps
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:00:26 +0400

16.10.2013 16:40, Jan Krupa wrote:
This patch adds all missing characters used in regional keymap
files which already exist in QEMU. I checked for the missing
characters by going through all of the keymaps and matching that
with records in vnc_keysym.h. If the key wasn't found I looked
it up in libxkbcommon library [1]. If I understood it correctly
this is also the same place where most of the keymaps were
exported from according to the comment on the first line in those
files. I was able to find all symbols except "quotebl" used
in Netherland keymap.

I tested this update with Czech keyboard by myself. I also asked
Matej Serc to test Slovenian keyboard layout - he reported problems
with it few days ago on this mailing list. Both layouts seems
to work fine. I wasn't able to test the remaining layouts but
since this change doesn't modify any existing symbols, just adds
new ones, I don't expect any sideeffects.

Yes, this patch, while large, is trivial and without any side effects.

Except of one question.  Where we add these entries?  Should we maybe
sort the table somehow, or introduce some more groups of chars?

(I'm fine with applying this to qemu-trivial as-is).

Thanks,

/mjt