qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] dataplane, thread and gpu stuff

From: Dave Airlie
Subject: [Qemu-devel] dataplane, thread and gpu stuff
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:52:53 +1000

Hi,

So after talking to a few people at kvm forum I think the GPU code
should probably use the dataplane stuff from the outset,

The main advantages I think this gives me is being able to dequeue
objects from the vq from a thread and send irq vectors from there as
well.

Though since it appears the dataplane stuff is kvm specific (at least
the irq handling), I was wondering how I should deal with fallbacks
for non-kvm operation, and quite how much falling back I need to do.

Can I still use the dataplane/vring code from the normal bottom half
handlers or do I have to write separate code for both situations.

Dave.