qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] GIT master fails compilation for ACPI

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] GIT master fails compilation for ACPI
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:07:15 +0100

Il 22/11/2013 12:16, Erik Rull ha scritto:
> It's getting more and more complex to build qemu, is there a reason why
> everyone
> needs to build the acpi stuff by himself?

It is only attempted if iasl is installed but as you said below, your
version is too old.  Please run "make V=1" so that we can see what is
the problem.

> It should be something static like the bios binary files, right?

ACPI tables are now generated by QEMU, so the ACPI compilation step
happens while compiling QEMU.

> So you could provide the defaults directly and everyone that wants to modify
> the
> defaults is free to compile it by himself.
>
> And if these tools are required, please add an error message at configure
> runtime so that the successive errors at runtime will not appear, because
> compiling is then blocked by configure. And if the IASL is too old, a version
> check at configure runtime would be helpful as well.

Good idea.  Any chance you could help?  Version 20090123 should be new
enough.

Paolo