qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] git master: usb-host needs additional parameters - no d

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] git master: usb-host needs additional parameters - no documentation which
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 07:53:30 +0100

On Di, 2013-11-26 at 17:44 +0100, Erik Rull wrote:
> Hi Gerd,
>
> I only have libusb (0.1 and 1.0) installed. Is there a chance to get an
> error message a bit earlier - or a warning that the usb-host support was
> disabled? configure doesn't print out a libusb - disabled message when not
> passing the libusb-parameter.

It lists libusb like everything else:

[ ... ]
xfsctl support    no
nss used          yes
libusb            yes      <====
usb net redir     yes
[ ... ]

> I tried now explicitly with --enable-libusb - fails :-(

Again standard configure behavior:  If you explicitly ask for a feature
and the dependencies are not found configure will error out (instead of
silently disabling the feature).

> I would like to point to a different version of libusb - my built machine
> has the sources for the latest libusb but not in the location where it is
> expected for a standard distribution...

pkg-config is used for detection, so if you set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
include your custom location configure should find it.

HTH,
  Gerd