qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Simulate different network card vendors

From: rajan pathak
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Simulate different network card vendors
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:27:41 +0530

Hello All

I am new QEMU development and wanted to Simulate Atheros Network controller.

I am Running QEMU on x86 machine with underlaying network controller from Broadcom and
 compiled linux kernel based on ARM having Atheros driver support.

I guess there must be mapping at QEMU level calls for Atheros driver maps to Broadcom.
Have no idea where to start looking in to QEMU code and what files to look into.

Can anyone let me know how in general mapping mapping between two different network vendors takes plave at QEMU level.

Thanks
Rajan