qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Fwd: Trying to write a new device / virtio-i2c ?

From: Alex David
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Fwd: Trying to write a new device / virtio-i2c ?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:38:42 +0100

Il 17/02/2014 09:35, Alex David ha scritto:

- Are there solutions that seems more adapted to my case ? Like using
USB-I2C bridge ?

>From an upstream point of view, a host passthrough device pair (one object talking to /dev/i2c-N on the host, and one device per sensor talking to the other object) would be the best.

i2c-N is on the guest, that's why I want to virtualize an i2c hardware on QEMU. My idea was getting the data on a socket on the host => read these data from my daemon. That's why virtio-serial seemed like a good thing to use / adapt as i2c.

I'll look on the parallel solution, I don't think there's a virtio-parallel, right ?