qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2014-02-18

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KVM call minutes for 2014-02-18
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:05:22 +0100

2014-02-18
----------

* x2apic?

-  Pending patch for cpu feature flag.
-  Should this be the default.
-  It is not for 32bits, but should it be for 64bit?
-  libvirt always use x2apic, unconditionally?
-  What happens if one side of migration uses -m <cpu_something and the
   other -m cpu_something+x2apic
-  disabling if for all old machine types
-  Use the same that hyperv flags?

* release
- No Anthony
- People happy (on happy enough) with current schedule

* Maintenance?
- How is being handling patches for the stable release?
  CC: stable@  for stable maintance.
- add documentation about what/how to send patches for stable release
- Regressions deserve a backport almost always?
- There is no stable tree public where we see what patches are being integrated?
- How can we make more people additoally to Michael to work with stable branches
- Should we change anynthing?