qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] dirty pages refresh

From: Vincent KHERBACHE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] dirty pages refresh
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:19:57 +0100

Hi all,

By playing with dirty pages logging, I observed that the amount of dirty
pages increase very quickly just after a bitmap cleaning, and then more
slowly.

I guess that it is probably due to the workload which mostly realloc the
same block of memory.

So, in this case, it means that the dirty pages rate mainly depends on
the frequency of dirty bitmap cleaning+syncing, is that right ?

If yes, I assume that during a live migration the dirty pages rate
directly depends on the available bandwidth (dirty page sent => bitmap
bit cleaning), or am I wrong once again ?

Hope your helps,

Regards.

--
Vincent KHERBACHE