qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Is it necessary to add a Monitor event of QEVENT_DEVICE_ADD

From: xiexiangyou
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Is it necessary to add a Monitor event of QEVENT_DEVICE_ADDED
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:02:56 +0800

Hi all,

   As we know, when hot-add a device, we don't know whether the device is
present in VM from outside(like libvirt).
However, unplugging device, when complete remove the device, Qemu will generate
a Monitor event,QEVENT_DEVICE_DELETED.
Libvirt can receive the event and do something.
   So is it necessary to add a Monitor event of completing add device such as
QEVENT_DEVICE_ADDED.

Regards,
-xie