qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unresponsive linux guest once migrated

From: Marcin Gibuła
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unresponsive linux guest once migrated
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:18:48 +0200

W dniu 2014-04-15 20:53, Dr. David Alan Gilbert pisze:
* Marcus (address@hidden) wrote:
I can answer some of the questions. It's been 3 months or so since I
looked into it. I ended up disabling kvmclock from the qemu command
line and moving on. I saw it with CentOS 6.5 and Ubuntu 12.04 guests.
Sending the guest to the BIOS CLI or PXE would not reproduce the
issue. I didn't attempt an array of qemu versions, but I can say that
it did occur on 1.7.0 and 1.6.1, with the host running kernel 3.10 or
3.12. The CPUs are Intel E5-2650.

If you could test it with the latest 2.0.x-rc that would be interesting to
know, since you have a setup where it fails for you.

Hi,
I'll soon be able to test it with the newest version.

And if it fails - what next steps should I take to help debug it? VM is usually pretty much dead and unresponsive to anything but NMI.

--
mg