qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] memory access trace from qemu

From: Pete Stevenson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] memory access trace from qemu
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:30:31 -0700

Hi All -

I would like to generate a trace of all memory accesses (i.e. read or write, physical address, and data content/payload).  The end goal is to use this trace to drive a separate memory system simulator.  Ideally, the trace would also provide core-id and a timestamp (but I am not as optimistic that qemu will give me these).

I have noted that several previous threads address this topic, so perhaps the question becomes can I get in contact with those who have successfully done this before?  I'd like to do as little as possible here :) to get what I want, and I'm hoping that either this has been rolled into the new qemu release or that a previously existing patch does most of what I want (i.e. which patch?).

I would be happy to hack the qemu source code if there is only one or two places where I need to do invasive surgery.

Thank you,
Pete Stevenson