qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu projects

From: Peter Crosthwaite
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu projects
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 12:10:24 +1000

Hi Pradeep,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Pradeep Kiruvale
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
>  Thanks I will follow your suggestion.
>
> Regards,
> Pradeep
>

> On 24 April 2014 14:10, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 07:28:15PM +0200, Pradeep Kiruvale wrote:
>> >  I am new to qemu-kvm.But have good knowledge about virtulization and
>> > cloud
>> > computing.I would like to do some projects in qemu-kvm.Please let me
>> > know
>> > how can I start.
>> >
>> > Please suggest me some small projects which I can take up and finish in
>> > 2-3
>> > weeks.
>>
>> Hi Pradeep,
>> This request is too general and you will probably not receive the kinds
>> of responses you hoped for.
>>
>> If you want to get into QEMU development but don't know where to start,
>> follow the mailing list and bug tracker.  Maybe you'll find bug reports
>> that look interesting and that you can fix.

On the topic though, there is a thread on GSoC warmup tasks that has a
fair few ideas now on where to start out QEMU development. Let them
know on-list if you want to take one of those ideas on. If you are
looking for something meatier however, I have a pure QEMU idea (Im not
a KVM/cloud person at all) - split net PHYs out from MAC devices. Long
thread on what should be done here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-01/msg01341.html

Regards,
Peter