qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU 2.1 release schedule?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 2.1 release schedule?
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:38:48 +0100

Thanks to everybody who helped with getting QEMU 2.0 released.
The traditional reward for a job well done is another job, which
means we should probably work out what the release schedule for
2.1 is going to be.

We started 2.1's development phase on 17th April, which means that
for a standard 3 month release we're looking at mid to late July
release. (Of course if we stick to 3 month releases then the
slippage on 2.0 means we'll only have 3 releases this year, not
4; do we care?)

I felt we were a bit too aggressive in the schedule this
time around, and didn't really leave enough hard-freeze time
for producing, testing and stabilizing the release candidates.
I think we should probably aim for something more like what
2.0 actually ended up with, rather than our proposed dates
(see http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.0).

Thoughts?

thanks
-- PMM