qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-serial-pci very expensive during live migration

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-serial-pci very expensive during live migration
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 10:19:09 +0200

Il 09/05/2014 02:53, Chris Friesen ha scritto:

Turns out I spoke too soon.  With the patch applied, it boots, but if I
try to do a live migration both the source and destination crash.  This
happens for both the master branch as well as the stable-1.4 branch.

The destination doesn't crash, it simply stops because it got an incomplete migration stream. Thanks for the report, the patch seems correct so it's worthwhile looking at it more closely.

If I back out the patch, it works fine.  If I leave the patch in and
disable kvm acceleration it works fine.

Indeed, non-KVM doesn't use ioeventfd at all.

Paolo