qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] alpha qemu arithmetic exceptions

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] alpha qemu arithmetic exceptions
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 18:41:35 +0100

On 25 June 2014 15:26, Al Viro <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hmm...  On alpha it's generated only by the following: CVTTQ, CVTGQ,
> CVTQL.  I.e. conversions to integer formats that can be held in FPU
> registers (double -> s64, VAX double -> s64 and s64 -> s32).  Does
> softfloat even have anything similar?

Well, VAX doubles are a bit out of scope for an IEEE emulation
library :-)

>  As it is, it's all in alpha-specific code;

It does sound like that's the best place for it. In that case, you
don't want to add a flag to the softfloat float_flags -- they are
specifically for indicating softfloat's status/exceptions. Flags
handled purely in CPU-specific code should be stored in the
CPU specific state struct somewhere.

thanks
-- PMM