qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] live migration + licensing issue.

From: Anshul Makkar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] live migration + licensing issue.
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:24:44 +0200

Hi,

In our data center we are using qemu 1.0/ 1.2 and we need to do a live
migration to qemu 2.0.

One of the main hindrance that we are facing is that QEMU 1.0 uses old
PC model so if a user using Windows on the VM running on QEMU 1.0 does
a live migrate to QEMU 2.0 , he will see a licensing issue as after
migration Windows will see a new hardware beneath it.

Any suggestion as to how to overcome this problem.

Thanks
Anshul Makkar
www.justkernel.com