qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] alpha qemu arithmetic exceptions

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] alpha qemu arithmetic exceptions
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:33:16 +0100

On 8 July 2014 17:13, Al Viro <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 09:05:10AM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
>
>> The code we have currently may well be buggy, but the correct
>
> It is ;-/  We set TARGET_FPE_FLTINV unconditionally there.  BTW, what's
> the reason why all these cpu_loop() instances can't go into
> linux-user/<arch>/something?

It's just ancient code nobody's cleaned up yet. I do have
"move all this stuff into arch directories" on my "would like
to do" list, but I just haven't got round to it yet, since it's
not actually actively broken (unlike many other areas of
our codebase :-/).

> BTW, are there any more or less uptodate docs on qemu profiling?  I mean,
> things like perf/oprofile on the host obviously end up lumping all tcg
> output together.  Is there any way to get information beyond "~40% of time
> is spent in generated code, ~15% - in tb_find_fast(), and the rest is very
> much colder"?

Alex, did you say you'd done something with profiling recently?

> Incidentally, combination of --enable-gprof and (default) --enable-pie
> won't build - it dies with ld(1) complaining about relocs in gcrt1.o.

This sounds like a toolchain bug to me :-)

-- PMM