qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Peripheral timer, ptimer and stm32

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Peripheral timer, ptimer and stm32
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 23:46:24 +0100

On 19 July 2014 23:22, Andrew Hankins <address@hidden> wrote:
> Also I'm interested in contributing the STM32 implementation upstream - is
> this something that the qemu project is interested in?

In general, yes, especially if you're going to hang around and help
deal with bugs/issues in the M profile emulation, which is otherwise
somewhat undermaintained.

The catch is that the code will have to go through our usual review
process. For a long-standing out-of-tree branch this can involve
a lot of work in separating changes into logically distinct commits
(as opposed to the sequence of initial work and later fixes and
changes that tends to accumulate in a branch which isn't actively
maintained as a stack of patches), and also in bringing code up
to QEMU's set of current best practices and preferred APIs.

thanks
-- PMM