qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migrate, inconsistent machine types - new machine

From: Alex Bligh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migrate, inconsistent machine types - new machine type to fix?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:19:43 +0100

On 22 Jul 2014, at 13:12, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> There's something similar going on with PIIX4_PM but I don't remember
> the details.

From memory:

* qemu-1.0 uses the v2 format
* qemu-kvm-1.0 uses the v3 format but advertises itself as v2
* qemu-2.1 uses the v3 format

I don't quite understand whether Amit's checker is designed to pick
up all three situations as different, or whether it (quite reasonably)
expects people to play ball with version numbers.

--
Alex Bligh