qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] aarch64 & gdb: warning: while parsing target descriptio

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] aarch64 & gdb: warning: while parsing target description (at line 1): Could not load XML document "arm-core.xml"
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 15:53:35 +0100

On 7 August 2014 15:13, Christopher Covington <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/07/2014 09:53 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> I think the biggest difficulty is not the code to actually
>> do the switch but figuring out what the command line
>> UI to request "start in AArch32" ought to be and how that
>> then gets plumbed into the code to do the actual work.
>
> ELF-32 file passed to -kernel seems to me like a reasonable place to start.

The semantics of "-kernel got a 32-bit ELF file" are "this is
not a Linux kernel image at all", so that won't work. In general
kernels aren't ELF files (either for AArch32 or AArch64).

(Also, what if you want to start your guest via UEFI bios
blob and having it load the kernel off a disk image?)

thanks
-- PMM