qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] block IO latency tracker without using QMP socket.

From: Anshul Makkar
Subject: [Qemu-devel] block IO latency tracker without using QMP socket.
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:58:12 +0200

Hi,

I am writing a block IO latency tracker.

As obvious,  I am calculating the latency by tracking the interval between start of IO and end of IO.
(firing my latency tracker from function BlockDriverAIOCB *raw_aio_submit() raw-posix.c when job is submitted).

The latency data per QEMU process will be written to shared memory and then another app uses this shared memory to read the data. That's a simple architecture.

Can't use "info blockstats" QMP command as qmp socket is used and blocked by some other process in our subsystem.

Just want a suggestion whether my approach is correct given the constraint that I can't use qmp socket or if any alternative is possible.

Thanks
Anshul Makkar
www.justkernel.com