qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] HelloWord kernel for qemu-system-aarch64

From: Semion Prihodko
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] HelloWord kernel for qemu-system-aarch64
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:49:38 +0300

Does it mean QEMU emulator is designed to run Linux only? This is not true.

So I ask QEMU developers for help, because they are able to resolve problems to some extent. Please help me guys. Thanks.

On 4 September 2014 14:40, Semion Prihodko <address@hidden> wrote:
> Still don't know how to build/run a simple Hello World kernel on
> qemu-system-aarch64?
>
> Guys, this is a very basic thing, please provide concrete steps. Thanks

It's a non-standard use case. The usual use case is "boot
Linux", which you can find documented here, for instance:
http://www.bennee.com/~alex/blog/2014/05/09/running-linux-in-qemus-aarch64-system-emulation-mode/

If you're trying to boot your own bare-metal image then
you're expected to know what you're doing and be able to
resolve problems to some extent.

thanks
-- PMM