qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ui causes latest master build failure on rhel6

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ui causes latest master build failure on rhel6
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:32:23 +0200

> > pixman-0.21.8 is the oldest release which has PIXMAN_TYPE_RGBA.
> > We don't check for a minimum version.
> > RHEL-6 is probably older.

Uhm, well, it isn't (any more):

address@hidden ~]# rpm -q pixman
pixman-0.26.2-5.1.el6_5.x86_64

Seems to be rebased somewhen (used to be 0.16 for RHEL-6.0 IIRC).
Looks like you should simply update your RHEL-6 machine.

> > Try 'configure --without-system-pixman' as workaround (after checking
> > out the pixman submodule).
>
> I guess but is it a must?
> We used to have this within an ifdef:
> +#if PIXMAN_VERSION >= PIXMAN_VERSION_ENCODE(0, 21, 8)
> +            type = PIXMAN_TYPE_RGBA;
> +#endif
> +        }

That ifdef is still there, we got new PIXMAN_TYPE_RGBA references
though.

> can't we keep system pixman working a bit longer?

I'd much prefer to raise the minimum pixman version and ditch the
#ifdefs.  The common kvm case will work fine without RGBA, you may run
into trouble though when emulating bigendian guests on a little endian
host (or visa versa), because pixman will have to deal with uncommon
pixel formats then.

cheers,
  Gerd