qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vhost-user: VHOST_SET_MEM_TABLE, VHOST_SET_VRING_CALL n

From: Linhaifeng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vhost-user: VHOST_SET_MEM_TABLE, VHOST_SET_VRING_CALL need a reply?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:39:04 +0800

I think maybe is not need for the backend to wait for response.

There is another way.vhost-user send "VHOST_GET_MEM_TABLE" to qemu then qemu
send VHOST_SET_MEM_TABLE to update the regions of vhost-user.same as other
command.
If qemu could response the request of the vhost-user.the vhost-user could
update date at anytime.

I think it's very useful for Commercialization.