qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] State of ARM FIQ in Qemu

From: Tim Sander
Subject: [Qemu-devel] State of ARM FIQ in Qemu
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 16:10:27 +0100

Hi

I am currently wetting my toes with qemu. I have written a small test hw
device which creates interrupts and has some registers on a arm vexpress
platform. Now i would like to switch the interrupt of the hw to FIQ mode.

I noticed that the mainline qemu does not seem to have FIQ emulation but as
patches have been sent to this list i think this list is still the right place
for this question?

I found the branch v5_fabian_v1_gic on a git repository
of Greg Bellows with  git://git.linaro.org/people/greg.bellows/qemu.git
carrying additional patches from Fabian Aggeler. It seems as if the whole
infrastructure for FIQ is there but not activated as the property "security-
extn" does not seem to be enabled anywhere?

I tried to set the property "security-extn" of the GIC in hw/arm/vexpress.c
but i failed to find the HW reference where i can set the property.

Which leads to the next question if setting that property is all thats missing
in qemu or if there are other parts still not implemented for full FIQ
functionality?

Best regards
Tim