qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: Add CMP2 instruction

From: Laurent Vivier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 答复: Add CMP2 instruction
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 12:30:44 +0100

Le 10/11/2014 04:21, Guo, Lei a écrit :
> Hi Andreas
>       Thanks a lot for your patients. Because I'm a newer to this , I'll
> follow your advices and pay much more attention to these details.
> Besides ,I have replied to Thomas' question on my previous submission.

If the question was "Have you been in touch with the author of that
original patch already?", I can affirm the answer is "no".

It's opensoure, grab what you want, but if you resend a patch you must
let the "Signed-off-by".

BTW, "CMP2" is neither generated by gcc or used by linux, why do you
want to add it to an old and obsolete architecture ? Do you have a "real
life" test case for it ?

If you send a correct and tested new patch, I can add it in my tree.
Mainline QEMU doesn't care of m68k (680x0) support.

For those who want to know why I don't submit my patches the reasons are :
- they break coldfire support
- there is a bug in MMU emulation that prevent linux to fork new
processes (I'm hunting this for 2 years now...)

Regards,
Laurent