qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a way for passing parameter directly to a modu

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a way for passing parameter directly to a module
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:38:16 +0000

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 04:41:17PM +0000, Lior Nahmanson wrote:
> Is there a way for passing a parameter directly to a module (i.e. device
> driver within QEMU), for example file path (when I am working at Full system
> emulation)?
> My goal is to have a device emulation which will be able to read a
> configuration file that its name is provided in runtime.

Hi Lior,
Thanks for posting to qemu-devel.  You also posted on my blog.  I saw
and answered there first.  In the future, please post general technical
questions on qemu-devel and not my blog - that way others can help too.

For the record, my answer was that qdev properties (or QOM properties)
are the standard way of passing parameters: -device foo,myarg=1.  There
are many examples, such as in hw/net/e1000.c.

Stefan