qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Providing a mechanism to reopen() file based chardevs

From: Tony Breeds
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Providing a mechanism to reopen() file based chardevs
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 15:32:28 +1100

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 11:09:02PM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> I think so.  Should it reopen stdout/stderr too?

Thanks for the feedback I'm gald it's something that isn't a clearly terrible
idea.

I don't think that's required for my use case, but it's not all about me.  If
that's something people generally feel is desired I'm happy to try and make it
work.

> If you want to make it optional, you can add a suboption to -msg.

I'll look at that, based on 5mins of looking I don't think that'll work, but
you know the code much better than me so clearly I wont dismiss it.

Yours Tony.