qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] mksh on Slackware (was Re: CVS: herc.mirbsd.org: src)

From: enh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] mksh on Slackware (was Re: CVS: herc.mirbsd.org: src)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 13:44:45 -0800

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> wrote:
> I’ve successfully (modulo the things that just didn’t exist,
> or didn’t work with toolbox) run the testsuite on Android
> (on the emulator) once, with a native Bionic perl.

(AOSP master now has toybox, which should help with this side of things.)

> Another idea we will have to try out: check if the testsuite
> can be run on the build system (instead of the target), using
> ssh (or adb shell) to invoke the to-be-tested utility on the
> target. Con: we’d probably need to NFS-mount or rsync the
> directory tree. But maybe something the *WRT people are also
> interested in. (Or we could move file generation to the target
> as well. Needs more hacking work in the testsuite driver.)

this is the way we usually go. the libc++ tests are currently run like
that, for example, and that's what i'm hoping to find time to do with
toybox's tests (though they'll be able to rely on mksh, so i might
have more choices there).

 --elliott