qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] TCG multithreaded

From: alvise rigo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] TCG multithreaded
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 14:09:59 +0100

Hello,

Related to TCG multithreaded, at Virtual Open Systems, we have also
been working on it. More specifically we are looking on how to enable
a basic multithreaded vCPU infrastructure with one cache per CPU. We
intend to focus on the vCPU private tcg structures
(instantiation/initialization), as initial activity. As soon as we
have completed a first implementation, the plan is then to run
bare-metal test cases to verify basic thread functionality and
highlight future improvements (atomicity, tb invalidation, etc.).

Kind regards,
alvise