qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] implement lvm-aware P2V to reduce time cost significantly f

From: Haoyu Zhang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] implement lvm-aware P2V to reduce time cost significantly for linux server
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 09:28:53 +0800

Hi,

I want to P2V a redhat server to kvm vm, and lvm was used to manage disks in the redhat server.
I want to only migrate the really used storage to vm image, which can reduce the time cost significantly sometimes,
so I need the information of logical volume to physical disks bitmap, to know which physical sectors were really used,
any ideas?
Is there a tool off-the-shelf have implemented the target?

Thanks,
Zhang Haoyu