qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Custom machine configuration for QEMU

From: Radha Krishna Srimanthula
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Custom machine configuration for QEMU
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:26:41 +0000

Hi,

I am posting here after searching in vain for quite sometime. Hopefully I've reached the right forum, and hope that I'll get an answer to my questions.

We have a board that has a multicore processor - an ARM9 core and a R4 core - and a few peripherals around. We run embedded linux on the ARM9 core and a realtime OS on the R4 core with a custom protocol providing for the communication between then.

Can I emulate this setup using QEMU? Specifically, does QEMU support this asymmetric processor configuration? How do I create a machine config corresponding to this board? What customizations will I have to do to QEMU?

As a follow up, are there any best practices for emulating the peripheral hardware?

Appreciate your help on this!

Thanks,
Radha.