qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video di

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gives user ability to select endian format for video display - fixes Mac OS X guest color issue.
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 10:02:56 +0100

  Hi,

> VGA: Using shared surface for depth=32 swap=1

Ok, 32bpp.  byteswapping needed.

I guess the host is a intel macintosh then?

Having a quick look at the cocoa code it seems it doesn't look at the
color masks and shifts, only the color depth.  So having the UI handle
the byteswapping that way isn't going to fly.

Try setting force_shadow (vga.c, needs git master) to one.  That way
vga.c will byteswap and not expect the UI to do it.  Alternatively make
cocoa UI properly handle the color masks and shifts, so non-native
ordering works.

I have some patches from benh in the pipeline allowing to negotiate
supported formats for shared buffers, with that in place hard-coded
assumptions about what formats the UI code is able to handle will go
away.  Guess I should rank them up in my priority list ;)

cheers,
  Gerd