qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] question about live migration with storage

From: Zhang Haoyu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] question about live migration with storage
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:56:17 +0800

On 2015-01-15 17:11:49, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> > drive_mirror job is done in main-thread,
> > then how to accept the qmp_migrate request while drive_mirror is performing?
> > If need to wait for the completion of drive_mirror,
> > how to implement the parallelization between block and ram migration?
>
> drive_mirror runs in the background, using coroutines.

I see, when waiting the completion of drive_mirror IO, the coroutine will be
switched back to main-thread to poll and process other events, like qmp request,
then after the IO completed, coroutine will be switched back in main-loop
process, right?

Another question:
while starting to migrate storage, will the unused sector be allocated and
transferred?
regarding the thin-provisioning qcow2 disk, will extra large IO requests be
performed, and more data be transferred for the unallocated clusters?

Thanks,
Zhang Haoyu