qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support

From: Milos Vyletel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:50:47 +0100

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 23.02.2015 um 09:10 hat Markus Armbruster geschrieben:
>> Perhaps Fam (cc'ed) can help you.
>>
>> Sunil Kumar <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I ran into an issue where the OVA created from the VMDK file created
>> > by qemu-img is rejected by vSphere with a message like "Not a
>> > supported disk format (sparse VMDK too old)". I was looking through
>> > the archives and found this:
>> >
>> > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-08/msg01028.html
>> >
>> > That's exactly my issue and the patch will resolve it. But this patch
>> > has not been merged yet and it does not apply on top of 2.2.0
>> > cleanly. Any ideas what happened to the patch there?
>
> Fam had review comments in the mailing list thread that you refer to
> above, so it seems we're still waiting for a v4 patch by Milos that
> addresses the issues Fam found.
>
> Milos, are you still interested in this patch or should someone else
> pick it up?

Oh, shame on me. I've completely forgot about this. I did quickly
ported the patch to current upstream and did some basic testing.
Something is little bit off so I will have to figure that out as well
as look at Fam's comments and I will post v4 asap. I hope to find some
time to look at this properly this week.

Milos