qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support

From: Milos Vyletel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vmdk: improve streamOptimized vmdk support
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 09:36:55 +0100

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Sunil Kumar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any update on this Milos?
>
> Thanks.

I did look at this yesterday and unfortunately it will be harder to
adapt to new head as previously thought. Since the addition of
next_cluster_sector (which is one of last Fam's comments in v3)
writing to vmdk's revolve around sectors instead of offset and that
does not work very well with streamOptimized format.

I'm sorry but I don't think I'll have enough time to spend in near
future to get this properly working. Plus I no longer have the test
environment since I've changed jobs in the meantime.

Milos