qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for v2.3 01/01] seccomp: update libseccomp versio

From: Eduardo Otubo
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for v2.3 01/01] seccomp: update libseccomp version and remove arch restriction
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:06:45 +0100

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 02=44=14PM +0000, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 26 March 2015 at 14:37, Eduardo Otubo <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I completely understand your concern. Perhaps a ping on libseccomp
> > Fedora package maintainer would be a better way to tackle this issue
> > instead of reverting this commit. Libseccomp 2.2.0 is released since Feb
> > 12th and I actually gave it a little time frame for other distros to
> > update their packages so we don't run into issues like this.
>
> Well, we shouldn't really be mandating latest-and-greatest versions
> of our upstream dependencies unless the maintainer of those dependencies
> feels the earlier versions are so badly broken that it would be better
> to refuse to use them at all.
>
> > It's important to remember that this patch is also the proper fix for
> > this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/qemu/+bug/1363641
>
> If that only applies to certain architectures we can make the
> dependency version vary depending on which arch we're building
> for, I suppose.

This sounds more like a reasonable approach that could solve the above
mentioned problem and also making virt-test to be able to keep using
this feature as well -- which is also very important in order to get
more important system calls for the whitelist. I'll roll out a new patch
for that.

Thanks for the idea, Paul.
Sorry for the trouble on your side, Juan.

Regards,

--
Eduardo Otubo
ProfitBricks GmbH