qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Getting VM state from outside QEMU?

From: Erik Rull
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Getting VM state from outside QEMU?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 15:31:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I need a pretty simple way to get the current state of the VM running in QEMU -
I only need the VM state (e.g. running, paused,...). Since my environment does
not have any perl, python or other high level scripting capabilities, a simple
way e.g. via a shell script would be nice. QEMU is running daemonized, so
interacting with the qemu console is not possible.
Are there any usable entries in /proc, /dev or /sys that could be used?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Erik