qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] 64-bit build of qemu-system-arm with mingw-w64 not func

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] 64-bit build of qemu-system-arm with mingw-w64 not functional
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 10:40:41 +0300

> On 09 Apr 2015, at 08:12, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> The first four are custom packages, and you can get them from
> http://qemu.weilnetz.de/debian/.
> The last one is Wheezy specific and not needed.

ok, got them, installed them and got no errors, they are now listed by dpkg -l

> The gtk custom packages were made from gtk.org downloads (all-in-one-bundles,
> for example
> from http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php). That is the same source which
> Peter suggested.
>
> The libfdt custom packages simple packed the results from a QEMU build with
> internal libfdt:
> QEMU can be build without any external libfdt and will then compile it during
> the normal build.
> As I run many builds and want to avoid this extra compilation step, I created
> that packages.

ok, we'll return to the procedure you used to build them later, since I want to
document it too.

> As you can see in the list above, all custom packages work for Wheezy and for
> Jessie.

not yet. the packages were installed correctly, I can see the files in the
corresponding /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32 folders, but when you built these
packages, you did not update the prefix in the pkg-config files, and most read
something like "prefix=/srv/win32builder/fixed_364/build/win64", which might
exist on your machine, but does not exist on a clean machine.

I guess you either tweaked the pkg-config to find them, or you set some
environment variables before configure.

with the default settings, configure produces:

CFLAGS            -O2 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -mms-bitfields
-I/srv/win32builder/fixed_364/build/win64/include/glib-2.0
-I/srv/win32builder/fixed_364/build/win64/lib/glib-2.0/include  -g
QEMU_CFLAGS       -I/srv/win32builder/fixed_364/build/win64/include/pixman-1
-m64 -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO=1 -DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN -DWINVER=0x501
-D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wredundant-decls -Wall -Wundef -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Wno-missing-format-attribute  -Wendif-labels
-Wmissing-include-dirs -Wempty-body -Wnested-externs -Wformat-security
-Wformat-y2k -Winit-self -Wignored-qualifiers -Wold-style-declaration
-Wold-style-definition -Wtype-limits -fstack-protector-strong
-I/srv/win32builder/fixed_364/build/win64/include/libpng15
LDFLAGS           -Wl,--nxcompat -Wl,--no-seh -Wl,--dynamicbase
-Wl,--warn-common -m64 -g

which obviously breaks the make.

can you share these details too? I want to reproduce "exactly" your environment.

regards,

Liviu