qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] About address mapping between host and guest in QEMU

From: Wenjie Liu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] About address mapping between host and guest in QEMU
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:10:25 +0800

The thing I am trying to achieve is to get the data and guest physical address of every guest memory access, so I need to known which API can be used to do the address transform.

Thanks a lot.

On 23 April 2015 at 14:56, Wenjie Liu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Can anybody take a few minutes to answer my question?

It might help if you explained at a higher level what you're
trying to achieve. Usually you don't need to manually try
to do this conversion from guest to host address because
there is an API which will do whatever memory operation
you wanted for you (including finding the host address,
dealing with the case where the guest physical address is
an MMIO device or has nothing mapped, and so on).

-- PMM

--

Best regards from

Wenjie Liu

TEL: (+86)132 9723 0518

E-mail: address@hidden

Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics,

Huazhong University of Science&Technology,

1037 Luoyu Road Wuhan, Hubei,P.R.C, 430074.