[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v4 0/4] scripts: qmp-shell: add transaction supp
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v4 0/4] scripts: qmp-shell: add transaction support
Mon, 04 May 2015 15:24:02 -0400
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.6.0
(I should've CC'd Luiz to begin with ...)
Eric's given this series the once over and Kashyap has tested it, so it
should in theory be good to go.
On 04/29/2015 03:14 PM, John Snow wrote:
The qmp-shell is a little rudimentary, but it can be hacked
to give us some transactional support without too much difficulty.
(2) Add support for serializing json arrays and
improve the robustness of QMP parsing
(3) Add a special transaction( ... ) syntax that lets users
build up transactional commands using the existing qmp shell
syntax to define each action.
(4) Add a verbose flag to display generated QMP commands.
The parsing is not as robust as one would like, but this suffices
without adding a proper parser.
(1) Try not to disrupt the existing design of the qmp-shell. The existing
API is not disturbed.
(2) Pick a "magic token" such that it could not be confused for legitimate
QMP/JSON syntax. Parentheses are used for this purpose.
For convenience, this branch is available at:
https://github.com/jnsnow/qemu.git branch qmp-shell++
This version is tagged qmp-shell++-v4.
- Use the AST to allow 'true', 'false' and 'null' within QMP expressions
- Fix a bunch of stupid junk I broke in v2, apparently.
- Folding in hotfix from list (import ast)
- Squash patches 2 & 3:
- Remove wholesale replacement of single quotes, in favor of try blocks
that attempt to parse as pure JSON, then as Python.
- Factored out the value parser block to accomplish the above.
- Allow both true/True and false/False for values.
- Fix typo in patch 3 cover letter. (was patch 4.)
John Snow (4):
scripts: qmp-shell: refactor helpers
scripts: qmp-shell: Expand support for QMP expressions
scripts: qmp-shell: add transaction subshell
scripts: qmp-shell: Add verbose flag
scripts/qmp/qmp-shell | 147 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
1 file changed, 116 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v4 0/4] scripts: qmp-shell: add transaction support,
John Snow <=