qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] migration network requirements

From: Alexey Kardashevskiy
Subject: [Qemu-devel] migration network requirements
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 14:42:15 +1000

Hi!

Recent bugreports from our testers at IBM about failed migration across USA (for example, from NY to TX) made me wonder - what are the actual basic requirements/expectations for migration?

In what network is it normally tested (I use 1Gb/10Gb local network without routers)?

Is there any reconnect/restart mechanism if the connection dropped (libvirt, qemu)?

Is there any document describing network requirements (libvirt, qemu)?

Any ideas are appreciated :) Thanks!

--
Alexey