[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 07/20] monitor: Use trad. command interface for
Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 07/20] monitor: Use trad. command interface for HMP pcie_aer_inject_error
Tue, 26 May 2015 07:01:08 -0600
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.7.0
On 05/26/2015 03:25 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:
>> On 05/22/2015 05:36 AM, Markus Armbruster wrote:
>>> All QMP commands use the "new" handler interface (mhandler.cmd_new).
>>> Most HMP commands still use the traditional interface (mhandler.cmd),
>>> but a few use the "new" one. Complicates handle_user_command() for no
>>> gain, so I'm converting these to the traditional interface.
>>> + devfn = (int)qdict_get_int(qdict, "devfn");
>> Code motion, so the problem is pre-existing, but this cast is unneeded.
>> Up to you if you want to clean it up now.
> While I occasionally do fold cleanups into mechanical changes, e.g in
> PATCH 15, I'm reluctant to fold them into code motion.
I totally agree - mixing cleanups into code motion makes the motion
harder to review. If it gets cleaned up, it should be as a separate
patch, at which point it starts to be out of scope of the goal of this
series, and better as a separate patch to qemu-trivial or to the PCI tree.
Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- Re: [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 17/20] monitor: Drop do_qmp_capabilities()'s superfluous QMP check, (continued)
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 01/20] monitor: Drop broken, unused asynchronous command interface, Markus Armbruster, 2015/05/22
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 09/20] monitor: Propagate errors through qmp_check_client_args(), Markus Armbruster, 2015/05/22
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 18/20] monitor: Turn int command_mode into bool in_command_mode, Markus Armbruster, 2015/05/22
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 19/20] monitor: Rename monitor_ctrl_mode() to monitor_is_qmp(), Markus Armbruster, 2015/05/22