qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at 0x08000230

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Trying to execute code outside RAM or ROM at 0x08000230
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 14:05:04 +0300

> On 08 Jun 2015, at 13:56, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Is this verbosity also the thing printing the line with all
> the escape characters in it?

I don't think so, the code added at around line 4135 in monitor.c looks like:

#if defined(CONFIG_VERBOSE)
        if (verbosity_level >= VERBOSITY_COMMON) {
            printf("Execute 'mon %s'.\n\n", cmdline);
        }
#endif
        cmd->mhandler.cmd(mon, qdict);

>  Do you get those when you're
> actually editing the line as you type them in?

no, editing seems fine, the garbled line is displayed after Enter.

> I wondered if it might be that, but that memory region is named
> "armv7m.hack". There's no "cortexm-mem-hack" in the current QEMU
> sources.

I'm not using armv7m.c, I have a separate hierarchy of objects, like
"cortexm-mcu", "stm32-mcu", "stm32f103rb", etc.

regards,

Liviu