qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU to generate host binary

From: Ayaz Akram
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU to generate host binary
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 19:29:39 -0400

Let's say qemu is running in System Emulation Mode, when it runs guest's binary, it can log the translated code for host. Is it possible to merge that translated code and other sections of guest's binary to make a binary which can be run directly on host.

Thanks

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:34 PM, Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Ayaz Akram <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello !
> Is anyone aware of an effort to produce an executable binary for host using
> qemu. I mean is it possible that qemu generate a binary for whatever
> application it is emulating, which can later be run directly on host?

I'm not sure what this binary would mean just yet. Are you extracting
just the guest + its runtime state to a binary that picks up where the
guest left off?

Or are you including the machine emulator (i.e. QEMU itself) in this
new binary to avoid having to load the guest it while picking up where
left off?

Regards,
Peter