qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] GSoC 2015 (Mac OS 9 support) report, week 11

From: Alexander Graf
Subject: [Qemu-devel] GSoC 2015 (Mac OS 9 support) report, week 11
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 02:45:33 +0200

[Done]
  - Update project log (6.17)
  - Debug OpenBIOS ADB issues since agraf's 26a9dfe patch
  - Install macbugs on hard disk image via MOL
    - Installed on the installation iso to move on for now ...
  - Patch: RTAS node
    - Patch has been sent in and is awaiting review.
    - We don't need RTAS for Mac OS 9 - let's just drop it for now

[This Week]
  - Fix cuda_adb_req() to expect a 3-byte header instead of a 2-byte one
    - This has a preliminary fix but will need some backwards-compatibility
      changes. Initial patch will go out in the next few days.
    - Initial patch submitted to the OpenBIOS mailing list.
    - Only ADB autopoll packets use a 3-byte header, so the patch needs to be
      updated to reflect that.
  - Split 26a9dfe into individual patches
    - Check OS X 10.4 conflict described [here](http://www.emaculation.com/foru
      m/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7047&sid=9b334bb6757b8eb97d324107ec882c6d&start=12
      5#p50822)
  - Try to fix ADB mouse issues
    - Need to identify which packets we're now ignoring.
  - Poke at MacsBug and see whether I can see any pattern. Current boot
    breakage seems to be USB related.
  - Update project page (7.7)