qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] Recent patches for 2.4

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-stable] Recent patches for 2.4
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 14:09:37 +0200

On 04/08/2015 13:57, Peter Lieven wrote:

> Okay, what I found out is that in aio_poll I get revents = POLLIN for
> the nfs file descriptor. But there is no data available on the socket.

Does read return 0 or EAGAIN?

If it returns EAGAIN, the bug is in the QEMU main loop or the kernel.
It should never happen that poll returns POLLIN and read returns EAGAIN.

If it returns 0, it means the other side called shutdown(fd, SHUT_WR).
Then I think the bug is in the libnfs driver or more likely libnfs.  You
should stop polling the POLLIN event after read has returned 0 once.

The same bug could be in libiscsi as well.

Paolo